Friday, May 01, 2009

Tales from the tired girl with the bunchy boxers...

I couldn't sleep last night. There was a thunderstorm in my stomach. Maybe my system got jealous of the weather outside and decided to mimic the action inside of me. Whatever the reason, I didn't enjoy the storm. Spasms kept me awake. When I finally felt better at 4 a.m., I wasn't in the mood to sleep. I watched the food network because I felt too nasty and was too lazy to change the channel. That's pretty sad, isn't it? Even sadder is that I can't remember much about the shows I did watch. My attention was too focused on waiting for the pain to pass. Thankfully, it always does. I do remember watching a show called Ace of Cakes. It's one of my favourite shows and follows the creations of a professional cake making company run by funky, yuppie artists. On last night's show, there was a cake featuring featuring the cutest penguins I have ever seen. Watching each penguin being created made me forget about my stomach. Later in the night, I watched Much More Music. The song Boom, Boom, Pow by the Black Eyed Peas was shown a few times. I cranked it up. The song All For Love by Serena Rider is another favourite of mine.



Tonight will be quiet for me. The Observer kindly let me borrow a documentary called the Bridge. I think it's about people who take their lives by jumping over a bridge in the United States. I could be wrong. Maybe I'll watch it. Since I am alone and very tired, it might not be the best choice for today. We'll see how I feel. There's always I Love Lucy or taped episodes of Oprah that aren't too serious.



My stomach is fine now. All I need is a good sleep. The Observer had plans to meet with friends from work. Unfortunately, they cancelled. Had he had more notice, we could have seen each other, but things happen. The Observer's sister-in-law is due to deliver a baby any day now. It's very exciting. Maybe she'll go into labour tonight. If she does, I have to believe a higher power was at work ensuring the Observer was home to receive up-to-the-minute news.



I am wearing my old, Winnie-The-Pooh boxer shorts because I ran out of clean underwear. They are a big and bunchy, but it's all good. A girl has to make due once in a while. It's time for a visit home. My heart says so, but more obviously, so does my uncomfortable bottom.



- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

I WISH I COULD HAVE MADE YOU FEEL BETTER...LOVE YOU