Monday, June 15, 2009

Comforting traditions...

I met a good friend at Union Station yesterday. It's been a while since I have seen her, so I was really looking forward to catching up. Her mother has been in hospital and life got busy for us. Thankfully, things are more steady for both of us. It's weird how saying goodbye to each other feels a little sad. We never really know how long it will be before we see each other again. Now that my friend and I are older, we also realize how quickly our lives can change for better or worse. As usual, I was a little arriving. My friend commented that there was a strained look in my eyes. I wanted to say that I was worried about being late, but I kept quiet. She knew I was late. Why point out the obvious? We chatted over sandwiches and coffee. My friend is confused about a guy. Listening to her was challenging because I had to resist giving her advice. My friend will do what is right for her. My only job is to be her friend.



We tried samples of a banana vanilla yogurt smoothie from Second Cup. The new smoothie tasted clean and refreshing. Food and beverage shops seem to know the right beverage to promote for each season. Summertime is perfect for smooth, cool, yogurt drinks. The people at the store were kind and gave me two samples. The smoothie was delicious but I had to have coffee. No matter what, I need my coffee every morning, afternoon, and sometimes. It's an oddly comforting addiction. Later that night, I had some herbal raspberry tea. My friend's mom gave it to me. I'm not a big tea drinker, but I enjoyed the tea because it was given to me by someone special. Sometimes it's not the gift we receive that matters, it's the person who gives us the gift that counts.



- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

I TRIED THE YOGURT DRINK AND I MUST SAY IT IS REFRESHING.