Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Good tunes...

Last night I popped Van Morrison's greatest hits into my CD player. I love his music. Listening to him makes me think of my Dad. It rained off and on all day. Given the gloomy weather, I needed something both calming and edgy to listen to. I love the song Moon dance. Brown Eyed Girl is another classic that I can hear any time of day. Van Morrison has such a mellow voice that I can the volume way up and my music isn't too loud. One of my attendants who is often grumpy and finds any reason to complain saw the Van Morrison CD in my CD player. She's quite the busybody too, it seems. She asked me if she could turn it on while she did my housekeeping. Of course I agreed. Anything that keeps my attendant quiet is good. She was swaying her hips which made me laugh. Even the most uptight people will loosen up with the right song.



At Starbucks last night, I sat and eavesdropped on conversations around me. I got a bit cold so my coffee was soothing. A girl who ordered an iced coffee really wanted a seat. When she walked in, she asked me if the chair beside me was free. It was, but by the time she returned with her drink, the seat was taken. I felt bad, but she was a stranger. It didn't take her long to find another seat. I like coffee shops, because they are a place to be around people without having to say much. I stopped by a pharmacy that I just stared using to fill my prescriptions. They charged me a drug dispensing fee. My old pharmacy never charged me a penny. I was a little upset, but then I though about how lucky I am to live in a country where I do not have to pay the full cost of my medication. Yes, we have harsh winters, but at least we get a break when we get nasty flues and viruses.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

STARBUCKS IS ALWAYS AND EXCITING PLACE, ESPECIALLY WHERE YOU ARE.