Thursday, June 04, 2009

Looking down and up...

My Mom saw her cardiologist today. The news wasn't great. There is more damage to her heart than expected. I could tell she was upset when she called. How wouldn't be? My Mom said she wanted to hear that everything was fine. I don't blame her. I reminded her that she did have a large heart attack and there is bound to damage when this happens. She is worried. I am too.



Mom looks very vibrant, youthful and healthy on the outside. It's encouraging and a relief to see. Part of me thinks her outside appearance is deceiving. You wouldn't think she had even had a heart attack if you saw her on the street. It's hard to tell this about strangers I guess. I applaud her for living such a healthy life. Mom is putting herself first now. She used to put the needs of her family before her own. I am so blessed to have her. She almost left us. Whenever Mom calls, I try to call her back right away, because I want to hear her voice. Sometimes I worry about a day when she won't be here. I know we are all going to die, but I can't imagine life without Mom. How would I breath?

It's beautiful outside. The sun has been out all day. I feel better physically than I have in a long time. Dad called. He advised Mom to "Look down at the grass and up at the sky and and say "Thank you". I did. Life deals us unfair cards, but we're here to enjoy it, so we best look up as high as we can as often as possible. To capture the true beauty of the sky and clouds, sometimes we have to look down at the grass first.

- OCG

2 comments:

THE OBSERVER said...

THATS WHY I SAY LIVE YOUR LIFE LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW.

Naynayfazz said...

Hi there. I came over here to tell you I have a new blog but was saddened to read about your mom. As a daughter of a parent with heart problems, I just want to say I am sorry you have to go through this and I am rooting for her to recover. Kudos to her for putting herself first for once and I hope she has success because of it.

I was not able to find your email address on here to tell you about the new blog so when you get a chance, please email me at naynay.p@gmail.com and I will give you the info. Talk soon.