Friday, June 26, 2009

Remembering...

Michael Jackson, 50, and Farrah Fawcett, 62, both died yesterday. What a sad day in Hollywood. Michael Jackson's death at came as a huge shock to the whole world. He's the king of pop. No one has produced more hit songs and been so prevalent in the news for his music and lifestyle. Micheal Jackson was larger than life, but fell from grace as he got older. Maybe that's the tragedy of having too much too young.



Farrah Fawcett fought long and hard since she was diagnosed with anal cancer. She chronicled her cancer treatments in a documentary. Being a celebrity means personifying ones self to make one's presence known. If we spend a lifetime selling ourselves by playing different roles, I guess at the end, we want to show the world that we are just as human and vulnerable as everyone else.



One of my favourite songs is Black Or White by Micheal Jackson. Anytime, anywhere, that song makes me smile.

I took my baby
On a saturday bang
Boy is that girl with you
Yes were one and the same
Now I believe in miracles
And a miracle
Has happened tonight
But, if
Youre thinkin
About my baby
It dont matter if youre Black or white

The colour of Micheal Jackson's skin has always been a mystery to me. Was he black or white ? I guess he had it right. It doesn't matter. Music and movies are beautiful legacies to leave for all of us. Both Micheal Jackson and Farah Fawcett gave the world so much entertainment. I pray they are both watching us from heaven and knowing how much we appreciate their talent. Being famous has a price, but it's a gift too. Let their movies and music play on...

- OCG