Sunday, July 12, 2009

An all-around beautiful day...

I don't know what to think about now that my sister's wedding is over. She was the most beautiful bride I have ever seen. The day was one none of my family will ever forget. Everything was so busy that it's a blurry memory, but I know for sure that it was a fun, love and laughter filled occasion. Like the rest of my family, my sister is very private and uncomfortable showing emotion in public. She spoke using humour during most of her speech. The only time she got choked up was when she came to thanking my parents. She said the quote, "People will forget what you say. People will forget what you do, but they will remember how you made them feel." As she said this, she cried. Seeing my strong sister tear up caused me to cry too. How do we ever thank our amazing parents for all they have given us? It's impossible, but maybe they feel rewarded by celebrating the happiness their children find in lasting love.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

YOU LOOKED BEAUTIFUL AND I WAS HONOURED TO BE THERE.