Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Back in the swing...

Now that my sister's wedding is over, I don't know what to do with myself. For the last three nights, I've been exhausted. All of the excitement is catching up to me I guess. In a way, having the wedding over is a relief, but I'm a bit sad. The whole event was so big and special. Now what am I going to think about? On Sunday our family had a post-wedding brunch. Mom invited the wedding party and our family members for a catered meal in our backyard. The weather was sunny and the food delicious. My family was happy and tired. After brunch I met the Observer for dinner and coffee. We talked about the wedding of course. Though I wasn't hungry, we shared a cookie ice cream sundae. It was yummy. I went home after our date. It feels good to be back in my own space, but I still don't feel back to my routine. Since I was away for four days, maybe it will take that long to get back into the swing of things.



Yesterday I relaxed in front of the TV for the evening. The VHS tape I use to record my shows was so full that it had automatically ejected. When I'm too tired to think and there is nothing on TV, I'm glad I have my tape. I watched W5 and two and a half Oprah episodes. I had seen the Oprah shows before, but they were good. I was feeling a bit lonely. The Observer thinks maybe it's because I got used to being around lots of people. He could be right. I asked to have help getting ready for bed early last night. My mind felt very fuzzy and my eyes heavy. That's when I know I need sleep. I didn't even blog. After saying goodnight to the Observer, I fell right asleep.

Today we were planning to meet for a movie. Being the scattered girl I am, at the last minute, I tried to change my bus ride. I ended up with no ride. I am disappointed. I miss the Observer. I hope he got a ride home this afternoon. *I'm sorry Observer.* Tomorrow he is going to see Bruno with friends. I was going to go with them, but I'm not a huge fan of the people who will be coming and Bruno doesn't look like my kind of movie. Hopefully the Observer understands. Given the choice, I would rather hang out with him alone. He's so awesome that he's hard to share.

This morning I went to the grocery store. I bought bell peppers, apples and yogurt. I've been massively feasting for the last four days. As fat as I feel, I know I still need to eat. I'll feel more calm about my weight gain if I start eating healthier now.

I saw three friends after lunch. They all made me smile. I kept thinking about how they probably noticed my chunkier face. I didn't notice anything about the way any of them looked. I was happy to run into them, so I have to believe they were happy to see me too - even if I am fatter.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

YOUR NOT FAT LOVE AT ALL.