Thursday, July 16, 2009

I had to pee baaadly...

Outside is sticky and muggy. It is summer I suppose. Today I haven't done much. If you really want to know I spent a lot of time in the washroom answering the call of nature, but I bet you weren't dying to know that, were you? I'm feeling good, which is what does matter. I was exhausted last night. Funny enough, I had trouble getting to sleep. My bottom was achy and I couldn't relax. I'm not sure why. It was late at night before I got to talk to my Mom. It's rare for me not to talk to her before afternoon. We usually touch base on the phone at least twice a day. I had a feeling that something was wrong. There was no answer on my parents' cell phone or at home. I got worried. Thankfully Mom was tired from working all day and fell asleep. I think I woke her up. I'm glad everyone in my family is OK. I worry about my family these days, especially Mom. I wish I worried a bit less than I do. Worrying about those we love is natural. It's better to love and worry as opposed to not love at all, right?

Like last Thursday night, I watched the show on TLC called I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant. It's not the most intellectually stimulating show, but it's intriguing. The mere fact that I watch it says something about me. I'm curious about pregnancy. I am interested to find out how women can be so out of tune with the reality that they are going through a major life event. How can you not know there is a human growing inside of you? How can you forget about your "encounters" and be so out of touch with your menstrual cycle? Everyone has different situations, but I shake my head in wonder after every episode. If I ever get pregnant, I will know it. I know I will. Someone told me that my favourite attendant is returning from being on maternity leave for a year. I am very excited. She is a kind, thorough and professional caregiver. When I see her, I know she will do things right. I've missed her. She is so smart. There is no way that my attendant didn't know she was pregnant.

Today I met an old friend for coffee. She is really more of good acquaintance, but I will refer to her as a friend, because I don't go out for coffee with random people. I have to somewhat like you to go out for coffee with you. Halfway through meeting her at the coffee shop, I had to rush home and use the washroom. I had a niggling sensation that I had to go even before I got to the shop. With a full bladder, I couldn't bring myself to drink my coffee. My friend and I chatted for about half an hour until I couldn't stand it. I explained my urgent need to relieve myself and left her holding our table. I felt bad leaving her, but it's better than peeing my pants, right? She understood. She had to. We ALL have to pee. I was only gone about half an hour. The attendant who helped me was very chatty. As I was listening, I was a bit worried about my friend who I deserted in the coffee shop, but she smiled at me when I returned, which I took as a good sign.

We caught up on our feelings about living in the building where we do and recent events in our families. Like myself, my friend is the youngest child in her family, so her siblings are getting married and building families. We are at similar life stages, so that's how we relate to each other. Plus, we have a history and we both enjoy Starbucks coffee, which is a bonus. In our early twenties, my friend and I parted ways. I was very hurt, but with time, I have forgiven her. I'll never completely trust her, but I do enjoy chatting over coffee. Not every friend I have is my soul mate. If this were the case, I wouldn't value my friends who are nearest and dearest to me as much as I do.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW THAT UR PREGGERS.