Saturday, July 04, 2009

In a city of nuken futz...

I can't seem to warm up today. Being summer, isn't that weird? Most of us are trying to escape the heat this time of year. I've always been a bit of a deviant. My body temperature must reflect that part of my personality. My chills began after I drank two liters of Kool-Aid infused Kleen Prep. Choking the stuff down is getting easier. I guess it's like anything - the more we do it, the easier it becomes. I still don't enjoy it, but a girl has to poop, right? The last of the four glasses were the hardest. I took a bran and coffee break between glasses. All the Kool-Aid chugging produced a mediocre result. At least I know that I've done all I can do. Now it's up to nature. Come on bowels! Move!!!!! I sound like an old lady, but if writing my wish makes it happen, bring on the old lady ways....



The Observer and I went to the mall last night. Our trip turned out to be quite exciting. As we were leaving, there was a man rolling on the floor drooling. People stopped and stared but everyone kept walking. I felt a nudge from above. I went outside and told the Observer to call 911 because a man inside needed help. He did. Security came and talked to the dispatcher until emergency services arrived. They didn't understand that the Observer had 911 on the line for a few minutes. That must have been so frustrating and stressful for the Observer. I was proud of him. The Observer did the right thing. I learned in university that there is something called a "bystander effect" where people who witness emergencies assume that someone else has taken charge and they don't want to make a big deal. In reality, such assumption is so popular that there is a danger no one has taken action. The Observer handled the situation with far more calmness than I could of mustered. Hopefully the guy in trouble is OK.

On the way back to my apartment, a guy in his twenties walked straight up to me, leaned in close and asked me for a kiss. I firmly and loudly told him no. He was clearly drunk. People in this city can be a bit nuts.

We both bought sandwiches for dinner. I wasn't too hungry, but I'm starting to realize that not eating often leaves me famished and then I make poor choices. I've known this for a while, but sometimes I get so caught up in dieting mentality that I forget. It was relaxing to eat with the Observer. I'm so nervous that my bridesmaid dress will be too tight. I need to trust that it'll be OK. Even if my dress is too tight, we will sort it out. It's my sister's day and there are always ways of dealing with misfits. Look at how many people around me deal with huge issues every day...

- OCG