Sunday, July 05, 2009

Not a happy guy...

Today is sunny and beautiful. It's breezy and refreshing without being cool or hot. This is my kind of weather. I woke up this morning feeling regret. Last night the Observer and I met. Our original plan was to see a movie. The Observer is almost always up for seeing a flick. He's also almost always in good spirits. Yesterday was different though. I could tell by looking at him that he wasn't very happy. The Observer didn't want to tell me what was wrong. Sometimes it's best to let people explain what is on their mind in their own time. We bought tickets to My Sister's Keeper. Time only permitted that option or Ice Age. We saw about fifteen minutes and the Observer asked if I wanted to leave. I knew right away that he didn't like the movie and wanted out. I was angry. I wanted to see My Sister's Keeper. I stormed out of the theater telling the Observer that not everything was about him. I was very upset and had trouble calming down. When I'm angry, watch out....

We angrily made our way to dinner where we hashed it out. Neither of us were hungry, but I didn't know where else to go. The Observer eventually told me that he was frustrated with his attendants. He was in a mood where nothing can be right. We all have those days....I wish I had been more understanding. I am sorry the Observer was upset and that I got so angry. He rarely gets grumpy. I often do. We went for Starbucks, but his heart wasn't into chatting. We know the managers of stores and the Observer didn't want to chat at all. He is normally the king of small talk.

The Observer and I talked. He is here.

Later...

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

SORRRY FOR THE BAD MOOD