Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Attraction study...




Today is a sunny hump day. They must call Wednesday "hump day" because it's right in the middle of the week. The word "hump" makes me smile. I think naughty thoughts. By late last night, I was very tired. The day felt long, as it usually does when I have an appointment. Before bed I watched Oprah.I found the show interesting. It was an old episode on the science of attraction. Researchers said that women crave being desired. The feeling of someone wanting a female makes the female want that person in return. Furthermore, women talked about liking the feeling of being dominated by their loved one when there was mutual respect between both partners. Scientists hypothesized that perhaps the craving for domination came from women needing to give up control occasionally. As heads of their households, females probably feel overwhelmed and enjoy letting a loved one take control once in a while. The theory seems logical to me.



The study of attraction revealed that both men and women aim high in the looks department when searching for partners. Over time, they lower their standards to find a equally attractive partner or one that has some concrete benefit such as good genes or financial stability. We may settle for partner who is less attractive than we are, because they have money or are very healthy. Results found that women are more attracted to the scent of testosterone during ovulation and men can sense when women are at fertile stages. I buy this theory too.



When it comes to my attraction to the Observer, I love his huge grin. His grin makes ME grin. He smiles with his whole heart. I like to think I do too. I love the Observer's shiny head. It's unique and makes him more approachable. The Observer always smells amazing, which draws me towards hugging him. His teeth are gleaming white and he looks polished. The Observer's tallness makes me feel safe. If it's true that "birds of a feather flock together", I'm glad that maybe I have some of the same good qualities as the Observer. The Oprah episode said that kisses should be a minimum of ten seconds to really count. Later the Observer and I are meeting at Sherway. Hopefully, he's pucked up for that thirty second smooch...



- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

always ready for smooches from you love