Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cherries and pits....

Today is cooler. There is a breeze. Just as the weatherman predicted, a little bit of rain came. Thankfully it was pretty short lived. On my way to an appointment, the sky suddenly got dark. I worried about thunderstorms, but thankfully, they stayed away. In seconds, rain poured down. However, the rain stopped as fast as the skies opened up. The sun came out and the streets dried quickly. I was fortunate not to get too soaked, but my pants were a bit wet. It looked like I had a bathroom accident. I made sure to clarify at the doctor's office that I did not pee myself. They laughed.



On the way home, I stopped to buy cherries from a fruit stand. I asked a kind looking stranger to help me pick them out. She was very friendly. I could tell by looking at her that she wouldn't mind helping me. The store wasn't too accessible. There was a rickety looking ramp that I was nervous to use, so the woman took them inside for me. The store owner sweetly came out and I paid her. Just as we were finishing, some lady began complaining about how water from an umbrella at the stand soaked her. She was very grumpy. She said she had to go out for dinner and now she looked horrible. The store employee apologized and gave the woman a paper tower to dry off. Rain falls from high places. It's life. No one intentionally caused the water to fall on that particular woman. I don't think she was a good person. The lady who got soaked needed lessons in friendliness from the woman who helped me picked cherries. If life is a bowl of cherries, today I ran into a person who chooses to focus on the sweet juicy cheery, and another who probably only sees the pits.



I'm very tired right now. I didn't sleep too well last night. Not every night can be good, right? Hopefully I'll sleep better tonight. Though I am tired, my day was good. The rain came, but so did the sun. My cherries were delicious. Sure they have pits, but nothing is perfect, is it?



- OCG