Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The drama of friends, filmng and finding inner fight....

Last night was yucky. I was feeling tired and had stomach cramps. My stomach was working overtime. I changed into my pajamas early. I had enough. On the bright side, my brother and his wife came to drop off my laundry. I enjoyed seeing them. They are both doing well. I didn't think I was up for company, but was happy they stopped by. Sometimes when we think contact with loved ones is the last thing we need, it's the one thing that will brighten our spirits. I'm trying to make more of an effort to see friends and family. I'm no hermit crab, but I think a little company would do me good. On that note, the Observer is sad tonight. His friends took a rain check on their plans for a guys' night of Swiss Chalet and manly TV watching. Poor Observer. He was so let down. I told him to order Swiss Chalet for himself and do manly activities himself. There's something so liberating about treating ourselves well. Why do we have to wait for our friends? Hopefully the Observer is full of chicken and is kicking back being a dude right now.....

I had a visitor today from a youth Independence Program. I participated in the same program ten years ago and went to see how a disabled person lives successfully in the community. It was inspiring and eye opening. For years participants from the Independence Program have come to visit me. I always enjoy meeting them. They are always full of hope and that gives me hope. My visitor this afternoon was reserved and thoughtful. She told me that the Independence Program showed her how she needs to speak for herself. She said she's thinking of moving out. We didn't visit for long, but I liked her. She had a form of dwarfism. Though she was small, she will be mighty as she matures. She only needs to realise this for herself.

I bought vegetables and two cans of high quality coffee. It was on sale, so why not? An episode of a police drama called Flash point is being filmed right across the street from me. There are huge crowds and lots of police. Getting around is a challenge, but it is neat. On my way to get my hair cut yesterday, I got stuck in the crowds. I managed to bypass the congested strip today. Maybe I'll see my neighbourhood in the show. I don't watch much prime time drama, because I get enough of a live show every day. Who needs TV drama when it's right outside my window?

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

THATS AWESOME SWEETY AND I DID HAVE SWISS TONIGHT.