Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hair story...

Today I got my hair cut. I told the hairdresser to "take off just over two inches and to please make sure that my hair was left long enough to put in a ponytail." I KNOW she took off way more than inches. My hair doesn't even reach my shoulders. Truthfully I had a hunch I would get a chop, even though that's not what I asked for. The hairdresser must have known by my expression that I wasn't happy. She said something about how, if she was friendly and courteous, people might forgive her for giving them a bad haircut. I wanted to ask, "Are you saying this because you know you cut too much of my hair off?" I would be rude to say that, so I smiled and nodded. The hairdresser WAS friendly and she did give me a good haircut. It was just too much of a cut. It's a risk anyone takes trying a new hairdresser. I was really upset at first, but I'm trying to keep things in perspective. It's hair and it will grow back. By Christmas my hair will be back to it's usual length. Right now, that sounds so far away, but time will fly....let's hope so anyway.

I was supposed to go to a doctor's appointment today. I never made it because I couldn't reach my automatic door opener. I can't open the door without it, so I didn't get far. Somehow my hand get all cramped and it took me a long time to be able to move it properly. It's hard to explain. One must have a physical disability to know what I am talking about. Even though I missed my appointment, at least I didn't break my hand. Thankfully I was able to reschedule my appointment for next week, so all was not lost. Well....maybe a bit too much hair.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE NEW DEW