Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Purple pepper...




The rainstorm has passed and it's a sunny, bright day out there. This morning I went to the St. Lawrence Market. I enjoyed my trip. Mom wanted bagels. The lady at the counter greeted me with a friendly smile. She always does and this makes me smile in return. A father was there with his children. He told them that the store sold, "real bagels the way they should be made." I thought this was funny. I guess other bagels don't compare in his eyes. The bagels sold at the market are good. I bought zucchini and purple bell peppers. I have never eaten one before and have always been curious. They are pretty. I had a purple pepper for lunch. It looks better than it tastes. The flesh is white and tastes like a green bell pepper. I think I would use them in cooking to add colour, but not for taste. Though I was a bit disappointed, I'm glad I tried the purple pepper. If I didn't try it, how else would I know that it's not as appetizing as it looks, right? I was rushing today and couldn't talk to my family or the Observer. I feel bad, but know they understand.

Someone walked straight into me on the road. I don't know if it was my mistake or theirs, but it doesn't really matter. I think we were both OK. My knee got banged, but it wasn't a deal. On the way into the library, a man held the door open for me. His kind gesture made up for getting bumped on the street. For every accident, there is random kindness. For every rushed conversation, there are times for long, heart-to-heart talks with family and loved ones. For every satisfactory, tasteless purple pepper, there is a sweet, flavourful red one. For every rainstorm, there is a sunny day around the corner.

-OCG


1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

I'M GLAD YOU TRIED IT