Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Let's get this party started!


Fall is definitely in the air. I'm just as cold today as yesterday. The wind sure hits hard. I'm sad that summer is over. I'm such a summer person. I suppose one could call me anti-winter. It's just not my type of season. I know I always say this, but when I get older, I want to move to a warmer climate. I used to say Florida, but people keep warming me about hurricane season, so I guess I'll pick somewhere else. My pysiotheraphist says Arizona is nice and toasty hot. We'll see what the future holds. It's impossible to predict, but I do see warmer days in my golden years. I also see myself counting my pennies and keeping my hair colour naturally grey and cut in a short, chic bob.

Last night I watched a lot of TV. I saw an Oprah episode on pill addiction. Watching a family of addicts made me very sad. There was a mother who fed her son pills and her other daughter was left to fend for herself at just fifteen years old. Both mother and son agreed to go into treatment, which was encouraging. Though shows of such topics are heartbreaking, hearing about the addictions of others is eye-opening. It also helps me appreciate the fact that I don't have those same demons. Next I watched two episodes of Dr. Oz. Both shows focused on getting healthy in different forms. Pretty well all of Dr. Oz's shows relate to living healthy, but he does cover broad topics. Yesterday he talked about hidden bacteria throughout our households. It was a bit scary to learn about the parasites and bugs that lurked in bedroom sets and TV controllers. It's better to be aware than it is to be oblivious to certain dangers, right? Since my high cholesterol has been in the forefront of my brain lately, I can't help but remember that it's good I know about it. Think of how harmful it would be to not know I even have an issue. Knowledge is power - even if that knowledge is hard to accept.

Tonight the Observer and I are going to see Pink in concert. I learned that he bought the tickets in June. Being a huge Pink fan, I have looked forward to tonight for months. I can't believe the day is finally here! I'm so excited. I know I will be screaming with all of the other fans. Pink has a positive, funky style. Her tunes make me want to dance. In less than six hours, I'll be seeing her live.

As Pink would say, let's get this party started!

- OCG

No comments: