Friday, September 18, 2009

Counting my blessings...


The Observer took a day for himself yesterday. He had been through a rough night and wasn't in any state to go to work. He sounded sad in the morning, but better by night-time, so that made me happy. A rough night often makes the next day rough too. I felt bad for him. Sometimes things just plain suck. All we can do is wait for the slump to pass. Thankfully, it sounds like his did.

Today is sunny and beautiful outside. We've been so lucky. This is the summer we have been waiting for. After a good sleep and shower, I was still feeling pretty low over the cholesterol news. Until I get the blood work repeated, it's going to be difficult for me not to think about it I went out this morning. I really needed a second cup of coffee after my breakfast. I had my sights set on buying a coffee from the same shop I went to from a cappiuncuno at the St. Lawrence Market last week. It was busy there, so I went to Second Cup beside the market. Since I was on my second cup of coffee for the day, I suppose this was a fitting choice. The barista who made my coffee did an excellent job. She mixed in the soy milk so that it was smooth and frothy. The barista must have been French. When she set the coffee down in front of me, she said, "Voila!" I had to smile.

I'm discouraged. I try so hard to be healthy. Do you think I try too hard? I heard that, the more we focus on a problem, the bigger it becomes. Maybe I need to try to relax a little. I'll look after myself, but I won't go crazy. Life is for enjoying, living and having fun. Today is now. Who knows what tomorrow will bring, so why waste right now? Maybe I am unlucky in the genetic department, but I am blessed in so many other ways. I can't overlook all the amazing people in my life and all the opportunities I have been blessed with.

Tonight the Observer is coming over. I'm glad. I had delicious coffee today. I'm well rested, clean and I have the good fortune of a visit from my wonderful boyfriend.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

THANKS FOR ALWAYS BEING HERE..LOVE YOU