Friday, October 16, 2009

A refreshing day...


One day can sure make a positive difference. I was feeling miserable last night. My stomach was gurgling and gassy. I was ready for bed long before bed-time. I didn't feel like talking to anyone. I watched Oprah and Dr. Oz and loudly chewed my gum. The chomping would have probably driven anyone in the room crazy, but thankfully I live alone. Well, life is better today. I'm feeling more like myself. Outside is crisp, colourful and sunny. At noon, I went to the St. Lawrence Market. Nowadays I go every chance I get. Pretty soon it will be too cold. I bought green and red bell peppers and yellow and green zucchini. Yellow zucchini is a little bitter, but it's a nice change. The guy I gave my money to smiled at me. I could tell he was genuine. It's the kind of fall day I love. All week I've been going to bed feeling exhausted. It's a mystery. I've never been a regular insomniac, but I do struggle to fall asleep the odd night. Lately, I've been barely able to make it through one TV show before my peepers shut. Sleep is good. We all need it and if we don't get enough, it catches up to us.

Finally my stomach is giving me some relief! I'm not completely out of the woods yet, but things have started to move. Hopefully my stomach will continue to cooperate. My belly is still bloated, but it's understandable given how full it still is. After being plugged for a week, it's going to take longer than a day to get back to normal. The super indent in my building gave me a gray and blue jacket that her daughter doesn't wear anymore. She said she would rather give it to someone she knows then leave it for just anyone. She's so sweet. I miss my Mom when I see her. The jacket may be a bit big, but I'm still touched that the super indent passed it my way. Since my stomach has been dodgy these last few days, I've found myself in a rush to get home and to the toilet. Driving my wheelchair safely on busy streets takes time and attention, which can be challenging when I feel as though I will explode. I notice pedestrians are so busy looking down at their cell phones that it seems they will run right into me. Technology is convenient, but dangerous too.

The Observer is spinning the tunes at a youth dance tonight. He'll do an amazing job. He's done the music for years and he wouldn't keep getting asked if the organization wasn't pleased with his work. Good luck Observer! Spin! spin! spin!

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

THANKS HUN FEEL BETTER