Monday, October 26, 2009

Good luck in tired, sore moments...


Today started off on a good note. Well rested and with a sweet, hard working attendant getting me ready for the day, I should have been in upbeat spirits. Somehow, I wasn't. I had a doctor's appointment close to where the Observer's parents live. Speaking of them, today is the Observer's mother's birthday. *Happy Birthday Mrs. T! You're the hippest, sweetest, best Italian, funniest lady I've met!* I hope she has a great birthday! She is never missing from my list of the world's greatest Moms. (My own tops the list of course!)

I met Mom halfway between regions. I gave her bread and dirty laundry and she gave me clean clothes. I was really tired and grumpy. Last night I was exhausted, but I slept OK. Why am I still tired today? It was good to see Mom, but I feel bad that I was grumpy. Right away, she knew I wasn't myself. She didn't stay for long. My fowl mood probably had something to do with her quick exit. Soon I will call her and apologize. You know how you wish you could turn back time as soon as you behave in a way you regret? I wish I had been happier, especially considering that we didn't see each other for long....I'm sorry Mom. The next time that I feel a surge of grumpiness, I will tell myself to suck it up and be quiet, so I don't regret my actions later. It's easier said than done, but I'll try to remember that's moodiness is not worth the regret afterwards.

My doctor's appointment went well. I was late, but she understood. I was glad I went. After we're finished, she always comes with me and waits for the bus. Since she is so busy, I'm always touched by her gesture. The next time I see her, I will tell her so. My next bus was right on time, but she had other pick-ups and knew I would late. Luckily, the company called the city transit and arranged a later ride. I got lucky. I got to see the Observer just long enough to slurp down a coffee and say hello. Good times...

My taxi driver was kind and right on time. There was little traffic. A kind-hearted stranger offered me her spot at a computer station. I couldn't fit into the only one available. I'm tired and my bottom hurts from sitting for so long. Even so, much good fortune came my way today. I can't forget to be grateful...

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

WE ALL HAVE GRUMPY DAZE