Sunday, October 04, 2009

Good to the last drop...




The rain just started sprinkling. It's been doing this often lately. On the bright side, at least it's not snow....yet. My day has been going well so far. I've got no complaints. I awoke this morning bright eyed and ready for the day. Not every day finds me in such energetic spirits. I enjoyed my coffee, booked a ride for a meeting tomorrow and went to buy bus tokens and melon Trident gum. It's my new favourite flavour. A sweet, refreshing taste fills my mouth. Peppermint gum can be overwhelming. Too much peppermint can make it hard to breath. Melon gum is mild, but yummy. Hopefully, it still leaves my breath smelling fresh. Putting my tokens away took a lot of time. Doing so helped me to brush up on my fine motor skills - at least that's what I like to think. My plan was to buy a second coffee while out, but my nagging bladder steered me away. Better safe than sorry, right?

Last night's visit with the Observer was fun. We ate a delicious meal cooked by his Mom. There nothing like her chicken parmigiana, red potatoes and rice. I enjoyed every bite. We quickly went to Second Cup. Our servers weren't the best, but it was OK. Maybe they had never helped people with disabilities before. I had a hazelnut cream coffee. It was so good that I was wishing I had ordered a medium instead of a small. The Observer took the lid off so that I could get every last drop. He had his usual skinny frozen hot chocolate. We had to rush back to meet my parents who stopped by to pick up my laundry. I enjoyed seeing them, even though it was short. Mom wasn't feeling her best so I hope she's better today. They weren't home when I called a few hours ago. Hopefully that means Mom is out and about and feeling like herself. She passed a book onto me that she said she couldn't put down. The author is Nicholas Sparks, but I can't remember the tile. Right now, I'm reading Charlotte's Web. There's nothing like a good Children's classic every now and then. My parents brought Riley who got very excited to be in new surroundings. Mom told me how she asked Dad to buy me more diet grape Kool-aid for my laxative. He came home from Wall-Mart saying, "The store only had raisin flavoured Kool-aid." This made me laugh because "Raisin" means "grape" in french. Men! What would the world be without them?

After saying goodbye to Mom and Dad, I needed a drink, so the Observer and I quickly went back to his apartment. I refilled my inner water hole and we had just enough time to listen to A Va Marie A by Pink. I LOVE that tune!

Downtown was busy with Nuit Blanche - an all night Arts Festival. Part of me was wishing the Observer and I had been around to check it out. However, there's nothing like quiet time with someone we love over coffee and music. Plus, I got to see Mom, Dad and Riley. They are a lot brighter than any all night Arts festival.

- OCG