Thursday, October 22, 2009

Tickled and tired...


Well, I should have worn a coat today. It's cold out there tonight. Daytime was like fall. I haven't done much of anything productive. I watched Oprah and Dr. Oz on tape, and went to the drugstore to fill a prescription. In the afternoon, I went shopping, but couldn't decide what to buy. I decided on broccoli. My mind has been a bit foggy, but it was sharp yesterday , so I can't complain.

I was a bit late getting to my doctor's appointment, but Dad got me there in record time. My bus pulled up to my parents' house seconds before my appointment time. Dad was as cool as a cucumber and got me there two minutes late. I joked with my bus driver that the world could be falling apart and Dad would say, "Don't worry, everything is okay." Dad's calmness is his best quality. Thankfully, my doctor was running behind. It all worked out in the end.



My doctor thinks I don't have enough risk factors to go on cholesterol medication and will continue to monitor my blood work. I'm happy about that. I got some prescriptions I needed, so we were able to kill two birds with one stone. Multi-tasking is so satisfying. As I said goodbye to my doctor, he advised me to get the H1N1 vaccine. He also told me to "Lay off the fried chicken and fries." I think he was joking, but it's good advice anyway. By the time we got home, I had a pounding headache and needed coffee badly. After the first cup I felt better. By the end of the second, I was feeling great. Mom was home from work by the time we got in. She made a meal specially requested by me even though she was tired. Had I known she was working that day, I would have asked for a peanut butter sandwich. Instead we had fish, beets, broccoli and salad with pecans and cranberries. The salad was my favourite part. After dinner, Mom and Dad read the paper while I read two People magazines in record time. I missed them and was sad to say goodbye. On the other hand, I was happy to be meeting the Observer for coffee. I missed him too. I had decaf since it was my third coffee, but I might as well have stuck with buzzed coffee.



I couldn't sleep last night. Taking my usual pills, one went down very wrong. There was a tickle in my throat that wouldn't go away. I was coughing for a good two hours. Can you say, "frustration?" The next thing I knew I had to get up and pee. It was just one of those nights. I guess a bad tickle is a small price to pay for a great day...

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

FRIED CHICKEN IS GOOD 4 U ISN'T IT??? LOL