Saturday, November 28, 2009

Caramel syrup in my coffee fantasy...




Last night I was exhausted. I had a coupon for a free beverage from Starbucks. I belong to their online newsletter and one perk is getting free coffee for your birthday. I had a decaf with soy milk and sugar free syrup. The barrista asked me if I wanted "Something more fancy." In my opinion, there's nothing better than the natural deliciousness of coffee. I loved my coffee with it's caramel zip. The only drawback was my choosing decaf coffee, so it didn't wake me up.

Knowing I wouldn't be good company, I asked the Observer if we could take a rain check on our plans to hang out. Disappointed and missing each other, we talked frequently throughout the evening. I did something I have never done before while in my apartment - I sat on my couch and watched Ice Age 2: The Meltdown and read my book. The change was fun and relaxing. Sitting in the same chair all the time can get boring. The only snag of the evening was that the TV converter wasn't working, but I was able to control the TV using the DVD controller. When I got too tired to read, I watched repeat episodes of Dr. Oz and Oprah on tape. Not surprisingly, I slept well. Funny though, I'm still tired today. The Observer and I are going to a Christmas lighting and music festival tonight. The excitement ought to liven me up. Maybe I need a coffee with a shot of caramel first. Once I get an idea in my head, that's it.

- OCG