Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Gone With The Wind...

You know how one day can be so good that you just know the next one will have challenges? That's how things are shaping up today. Yesterday was great. I had a productive appointment close to the Observer's family. Since I have to take two buses to get to both places, I thought it wise to take advantage my location and make it a multi-purposeful day by visiting the Observer at his parents. My trips worked well. I had ample time to travel. The same bus driver picked me up twice. He's nice but the dude loves to swear.....it's a free country, right?

The Observer's family switched to Bell cable to save money - or so they thought. The cable was switched yesterday. TV is a major source of entertainment for their family. They specified that they wanted access to The Score and Food Network, but they weren't given those channels. Both of the Observer's parents spent at least two hours on the phone with Bell trying to negotiate a fair price. They did get the food network and score, but I don't think they are happy with Bell. I was impressed with how assertive the Observer's mother spoke. She is quite the advocate, especially in the name of the Food Network. She made a yummy dinner of pasta, chicken parmigiana, salad, fruit and pannetonne. My favourite part was the espresso. I drank at least three cups. Thankfully, I was exhausted by the night-time so I slept well.

Today an attendant gave me a rough time. She's older and miserable - neither of which is my fault. Bursting to pee, I had to wait. My bladder rocks. On the upside, I was blessed with a forgiving librarian who made my day. I returned the DVD Gone With The Wind not realizing that the cover was still in my backpack. Rules state that patrons must pay for damaged or lost materials. Explaining the situation, staff kindly let me off the hook. I'm not sure where the DVD cover is. Perhaps it's gone with the wind...

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

MY MOM CALLED BELL THIS WEEK AND YOU BET, THEY REDUCE THE PRICE, THEY GOT RID OF THE FILM PACKAGE...