Sunday, November 08, 2009

Pink and I...


Today is GORGEOUS outside. It's sunny and unusually warm for this time of year. A few people have told me to "Get out and enjoy the last warm day before the winter cold comes." Hearing this makes me sad, but it's true. This morning I ate too much cereal. I am sad because I had to miss a celebration of the Observer's family. My sheduled care didn't correspond with timing. I would have loved to see everyoone, especially the Observer niece and nephew. I'm feeling food guilt, but still trying to focus on the good parts of today.


I went to the grocery store to buy romaine lettuce and red peppers. The cashier was very sweet. On the way home, a sweet twenty something girl was giving out free coffee. When she offered me a cup, I said no at first, but then went back. I knew if I took the coffee, I'd be late for my booking, but some things are too good to pass up. The girl asked me if I liked coffee. If she only knew how much I LOVE coffee and that she made my day. I wish I had told her how happy she made me. The coffee was delicious. Being free made it extra yummy. I stopped and drank it right in the middle of the street. I was a bit late for my booking, but my attendant understood. Once I told her the reason, I knew she would.


The Observer and I had a sweet visit last night. He missed his bus coming to my apartment, but luckily they sent another. There was a long wait. Hungry, I took crackers from the fridge. Somehow, I got my wheel stuck and dragged the fridge. Loosening the plug, I had to call the super indent. He fixed it up for now, but still has a few repairs. He and his wife are so sweet. I love their kind way. I was happy to see the Observer. He's almost back to his old self, but still has a cough. He arrived around eight 'o clock and we went to Swiss Chalet. Being so late, I was wishing I had dinner ready. He was hungry and so was I. The Observer had the festive special and I had a salad. We went to Starbucks and I had a house blend coffee. Wide awake at three in the morning, I regretted not having decaf. There wasn't much on TV in the wee hours of the night. I listened to fighting across the street.


The Observer loaned me his Pink CD. I've been cranking up the tunes. If we can't be together today, at least I have Pink.


- OCG