Monday, December 07, 2009

Couch doubts...


Well, I am not the owner of a new couch yet. Dad took me back to Leons, but I didn't feel confident about buying the couch. There were many stylish sofas, but none that really jumped out at me. When it comes to large investments, my philosophy is, "If in doubt, don't." (So I didn't!) The thing I dreaded most was talking to the sales rep. There was a red couch and a blue one that I liked, but I wanted to know if I could change the colour. After inquiring with the sales, rep, I learned that, at Leon's, what you see is what you get. That knowledge made up my mind. The red coach would be too juvenile and the blue one too grandmotherly. I need a happy medium and I think a brown couch is the winner. It's only a matter of finding the right one.

I ended up staying for supper last night. I have a hard time coming home. Once I'm there, I have trouble leaving. We had trout. It looked like salmon, but tasted fishier. I prefer sole. It's white and light. We had apple crisp for dessert. I had two helpings. Apple crisp is my new vice. My brother's girlfriend shared how my brother asked her out one year ago. After walking the dog, he taped a note to the dog's collar that said, "Will you go out with my Dad?" (As though, the dog were asking my brother's girlfriend out for him). Isn't that corny? I had no trouble giving my brother my opinion. He didn't ask me for it, but what are twin sister's for?

Dad drove me home. I was tired and not talkative. Chatting it up with the Observer was good. We barley talked all weekend. I missed him. I watched Brothers and Sisters and fell asleep early. I must have needed rest. I haven't done much today. This morning I saw one of my favourite attendants. She doesn't normally work until Thursday. Seeing her on a Monday was a treat. Outside is feeling more like winter, but it IS winter, right? If it didn't feel like the season, SOMEOME would be complaining...

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

CHEEZY BUT CUTE,I WOULD HAVE DONE THAT