Tuesday, December 08, 2009

A great time to be alive....


Today began with a long talk with the Observer. It was a good way to begin my day. Last night he was watching Monday Night Raw, his favourite show, so I didn't want to disturb him. We didn't see each other at all this past weekend. I miss the Observer's voice. I miss his laugh. I miss the Observer's shiny head. I miss his hugs. I miss him. Period. We'll see each other tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to it. He's working afternoons today. Thursdays are usually his day to work afternoons. Change once in a while must be refreshing.


Other than my morning phone conversation,I haven't done much today. A hard-working attendant helped me shower. She kept getting annoyed with me for moving my head when she was trying to do my hair. She wanted to get it right. I appreciated her attention to detail, but I was more interested in getting up and moving. My hair isn't always my top priority. Of course, I value a good hair day as much as any female, but I don't worry too much if it doesn't look perfect. I spent the morning listening to music and standing on my pole. Not too exciting, right? On the street near my apartment, a kind looking woman said hi to me. We chatted and she told me she had a daughter who just got her first wheelchair. The woman asked me if I lived alone and worked. I explained how I finished university and that I work part-time, but still need a career. Wanting to say something true and positive, I looked the woman square in the face and said, "Life is good. It's a great time to be.......alive."

The woman said she hoped her daughter would say the same thing when she grew to be my age. I hope so too.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

WHAT A CUTE CONVERSATION