Monday, December 07, 2009

Aren't these cookies beautiful?








I found this picture and recipe for Stained Glass Cookies in our local paper. From now until Christmas, the paper is featuring one Christmas cookie every day. I love how bright and dainty these cookies appear. They're pretty for the eyes and yummy in the tummy. (Though I haven't tried them, what cookie isn't delicious?)

The cookies remind me of some yummy peanut butter and jelly cookies that the Observer's mother made in the summer. They were so yummy that I ate the whole container in one sitting. (This was before I knew I had high cholesterol!) Sugar cookies are so pretty. Christmas brings out the best in food, but more important, the spirit of giving in others. If we're lucky, that means giving by doing yummy baking.



Pictured first is an Almond Spritz Cookie. It's another sweet, pretty, treat, isn't it?

- OCG

1 comment: