Sunday, December 13, 2009

Poor Observer....


There was a party with drinking last night. The Observer got sick. Poor guy. He had vodka and rum and coke. Mixing drinks in this way isn't easy on the stomach. The Observer kept apologizing and saying he hoped he didn't embarrass me. I wasn't embarrassed. I didn't know what to do. I called him when I got home and he was still throwing up. I've seen the Observer handle a lot of alcohol without getting sick, so it must have been the mix. I should have known to say "enough." The Observer went home to his parents. They will look after him, but I know his Mom will be mad. To my knowledge, the Observer has never been hung over before. There's a first for everything. I haven't heard from him today. I hope the Observer is holding up OK.

On the upside, my friend's boyfriend was sweet and helped the Observer get cleaned up. I think my friend should marry her boyfriend. He's a good soul. Seeing friends was fun. My friend made chicken satay, Asian salad and pasta. I ate more than anyone at the party. When others drink, I eat. The pita chips and hummus were a hit. My friend gave me a set of miniature cocktails. I think I'll give them away as a Christmas gift to a friend. I don't think the Observer would want them today.

- OCG