Sunday, January 31, 2010

country....


Yesterday afternoon I froze my arse off while driving to Union Station. The cold bit me. Serves me right for not taking the bus....After only ten minutes of wheeling, I couldn't feel my fingers or toes. The security guard at the library helped me put on my mittens, but did a mediocre job. I stopped off at my apartment and my attendant fixed me up. The trip was long, but I made it to Union Station just in time. I was craving the warmth of coffee, but knew I needed to thaw before I could enjoy it. My friend and I found our usual table and I waited while she got pizza. I went to Mr. Sub and ordered a salad with turkey. I took forever eating it, but my friend didn't mind. It gave me a chance to munch and listen - her to chat. We finally went to Second Cup. We both had Buy One, Get One Free coupons and used them. My french vanilla coffee with soy milk was well worth the wait. I got cookies, chocolate, mellon mint gum and daisy soap as a Valentine's day gift. I kept the soap and gum. Don't tell....



Driving home I dropped my purse and cell phone on the road. Someone kind retrieved it. I'm lucky. Passing the music store, I stopped in and bought the Sugarland album called Love On The Inside. I've listened to it twice and love it, especially the tune All I Wanna Do. Sugarland's music is catchy, upbeat and soulful. I never used to be much of a country fan, but lately I listen to whichever sounds good. Darius Rucker from Hootie and The Blow fish went country, so that's how I started testing out the genre. Don't knock it until you try it.



The wheelchair technician came and fixed my broken foot pedal this morning. I'm good to go home. I'm taping the Grammy awards as I'll be in transit when they are on...I'm not a huge award show watcher, but I will be rooting for Sugarland...



- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

you never learn do you lol