Friday, January 08, 2010

Finding balance...


I didn't make it home in time last night. My bladder exploded outside my building. Too much coffee was the culprit, but I knew that risk when I chose to drink a second cup. As a Starbucks rewards member, the second coffee was free. Of course, I couldn't pass up a free coffee. The barista was super sweet and helped me find my Starbucks card. She advised me about the second coffee being free and told me to register my card for more perks.



On the way home, I stopped and asked a kind girl for help putting on my mittens. She didn't seem to mind. It was freezing. I tried to hit the button to open the front door of my building, but I was super tense from needing to pee. Before I knew it, I was very wet. There was steam coming off my wheelchair. Someone walking by said,"Is that girl on fire?" I had to laugh.



The attendant who cleaned me up was surprisingly understanding. we've had issues over the years and recently. I was a bit worried about how she would handle the extra work, but she was understanding. She's the same attendant who commented that I am gaining weight. Before she left, she apologized and said she didn't mean it negativity. Tears came in my eyes and I said, " I'm struggling to find balance in life." I think she got it. We all struggle for balance - only in different forms. My struggles are obvious and that's alright.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

ONE DAY AT A TIME OCG BE STRONG, BE HEALTHY