Thursday, January 28, 2010

Fuller, fine me...


Outside is a freezer. Yuck. I seem to always say, Well, it IS almost February and we've been lucky so far compared to last winter. Dad makes me laugh. He says the same sentiment ALL the time. At first I thought he was mocking me as I catch myself expressing these thoughts alot. Dad said he says the same things at work. I guess I'm not the only one...

I am being reminded that the world is FULL of kind people. Yesterday I bought vegan pizza. A kind sandwich shop employee helped me take it out of my backpack and gave me a bottle of water. I didn't drink it, but was touched by the thought. A man walking out of the library helped me put up my hood. At Starbucks, the barista was very helpful. Today my doctor was VERY understanding and helped me press the elevator button. Another man asked how he could help me when I got out. Buying bread in the grocery store, the cashier was super helpful and patient getting my card out.

I dread morning. I'm bigger than I have ever been. While having a shower this morning, my favorite attendant made a comment about me being "fuller". To me this means fat, but it's OK. I am twenty pounds heavier, so logically, I am "fuller". I feel too big.........I am struggling, but I am still glad to be here.

- OCG