Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Still moving...


Someone must be watching over me. I keep getting saved from trouble. My wheelchair wouldn't move yesterday. The second I got home from the drugstore, the library and the mall, I was stranded. Thankfully my attendant was around. After eating a bagel with cream cheese and two and a half donuts. I was feeling pretty crappy about all the food, but even worse when my wheelchair froze. Thankfully, a new technician showed up promptly. Fixing my wheelchair took a while, but he was kind, so I didn't mind chatting. There is a problem with the wheels turning and causing the power to disengage. I don't understand the issue, but as long as those who fix wheelchairs do, that's what matters.





I'm moving again. My wheelchair isn't working at full capacity, but it gets me where I need to go. Remember how I ran out of coffee and bought a new can on Sunday? The sweet guy at the grocery store picked up a can of decaf coffee. This girl needs her caffeine in the morning. After arranging to go to the wheelchair shop and get my wheelchair serviced, I went to Timothy's for a German chocolate coffee. I needed it. I stopped at the grocery store and a kind lady helped me pick up coffee with jolt. The girls at customer service were super sweet. The store is always busy. If my wheelchair was still broken, I wouldn't be able to go out and buy caffeinated coffee. That would be a minor disaster. Dad called. We talk every day now. I think he knows I need him.



I am trying to wrap my brain around being bigger. I ate like a horse to show mom and Dad that I eat. I'm mad at myself. Life is different now. It's only me. Tears come easy. TV is a big past-time. Books demand too much thought. Sleep is therapeutic. Music is too. Though it may be just me now, there's a whole world around me and I can move within it.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

one day at a time....