Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Taking my picture...

My passport photo has to be the ugliest picture ever. The customer service representative at Shoppers Drug Mart was very accommodating. She took three pictures of me. The winning shot has me making a hideous, pout face. The photo taker asked me if I wanted to try again, but trouble starts when we get too fussy. Ugly photo aside, beggars can't be choosers, right? The girl at Shoppers Drugmart warned me that my photo might not be accepted by the passport office because the back of my wheelchair is visible. Isn't that silly? What am I supposed to do? Sit on the floor? If my photo is turned away, I will cause a scene. Mark my words.

For a January Wednesday, it's a sunny, bright, warm day. I headed to the St. Lawrence Market. When I was home on the weekend, I noticed Mom and Dad were getting short on bread. I bought them pumpernickel, dark, and whole wheat rye. I stopped by St. Urbain bagel and bought them fifteen assorted bagels. I originally meant to order three dozens but the woman at the counter seemed to misunderstand what I was asking for. She gave me three individual bagels. Realizing the error, I ordered a dozen pumpernickel. Two of the ladies who work at the bread shops commented that they had not seen me in a while. Mom gave me a new bed set for Christmas. It's blue and goes perfectly with the colour of my bedroom walls...I will be sleeping in style tonight! I will be dreaming of faraway, sunny places. I don't have plans to go anywhere soon, but I have my passport just in case.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

YOU GIV'EM HELL AT THE PASSPORT OFFICE, OCG IT ALWAYS ANNOYED ME WHEN PEOPLE MISUNDERSOOD YOU YOU ARE FUCKING SMART.