Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A full tummy and a healing chat....


My Buy One, Get One Free card from Second Cup is sure coming in handy. Late yesterday afternoon, I NEEDED a coffee badly. The Second Cup I usually try at that time of day was closed. I guess they close at five o'clock. My caffeine craving was in full swing. The closest Second Cup to my apartment has steps, but I noticed an employee removing a sign. I asked her if she could bring my coffee outside. She seemed more than happy to oblige. People are kind. I tried to carry my coffee home, but I knew I would spill it. Sometimes pushing my luck with coffee causes a big, hot mess. Irish Cream with soy milk is quite soothing. I got to see one of my favourite attendants last night. She just returned from a trip to the Philippines. She is very friendly and helpful. I am was worried that she would have trouble transferring me since I am so much heavier. Fortunately, everything was OK. Catching up with her was sweet.



My phone rang just before eleven o'clock. It was the friend I had planned to meet for coffee last week. We made plans to have coffee this coming Saturday. I'm looking forward to it. Reconnecting with her has been good. She is mature and kind. My friend moved out on her own not long ago. It's like a whole new world opened up for her. She comes from a European family who were skeptical of her leaving home. I'm proud of anyone who begins building his or her own life, especially when family doubts their success. My friend is loving life and freedom, which is hugely inspiring. Her story of breaking out reminds me of the Observer. We never really know what we're capable of until we push the envelope a little. I talked to my friend until just before my bedtime at midnight. There's nothing like a good girl talk.

In my mailbox last night, there was a box of Kashi Almond Flax cereal. After a dinner of mushrooms, jalapeno peppers and chai chocolate tea, I wasn't really hungry, but tried the cereal anyway. It tasted crunchy and fibrous. Feeling guilty about the cereal and my ever-tightening pants, I'm trying to let my weight troubles go. I went to bed with a full tummy, but I did have a smile on my face - thanks to the therapeutic chat I shared with my friend.

- OCG