Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sleepy pizza day...


Last night I met my friend Melissa for coffee. I know Melissa from camp. She was in my cabin. She moved here six months ago from Thunder Bay. We've really only known each other as acquaintances. I would definitely call her a happy person. She's almost finished her Masters. I would say that she's quite ambitious. We had to cut our coffee time short, because nature called on my end. Darn tummy. Thankfully Melissa understood. Over my delicious butter pecan coffee, I learned that Melissa is "seeing" an old friend of the Observer's. (Let's call him "Nigel"). Nigel has seen a few of my friends. His heart is in the right place, but he's a paranoid dude. The Observer and Nigel are on shaky ground after a misunderstanding involving a faulty computer. I'm not sure what my friends see in Nigel or how he makes the rounds as he does. Nigel IS kind, but he's a bit like an old man trapped in a young person's body. Maybe we can all be that way a little....I didn't say much to my friend about Nigel. She'll learn soon enough. Besides maybe Melissa likes paranoid types.



The fire alarm went off four times in my building last night. Poor building management. The fire station kept coming. I'm sure they were getting as annoyed as the rest of the building. All the noise made sleeping nearly impossible. All of my attendants have been commenting on how tired I look. I may take the bus home at five thirty today so I can get to bed early. Part of me feels like a baby for going home when the going gets rough. I'm just so tired and want my Mom. I ate yummy, greasy vegan pizza for lunch. I place my order from outside because the store has steps. I asked a paramedic going inside to tell the employees that I wanted to place an order from outside. I waited a long time before going to a different store of the same chain. Hopefully they didn't think I was rude. A girl's got to honour her vegan pizza craving, right? In the same way, sometimes a girl just needs a good sleep in the bed she grew up sleeping in...

- OCG

1 comment: