Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Tuesday kindness...


Last night I met the kindest lady at the library. She saw me struggling to put on my mittens and offered to help me. When I told her what a great job she did, she laughed and said, "You can tell I'm a mother, can't you?" I smiled. She REALLY wanted to put up my hood for me, but I can't see well if it falls in front of my face. I watched the rest of the Grammys on tape. I enjoyed the superstar performance of We Are The World. Clips from the Micheal Jackson movie This Is It filled the audotorium. I wasn't crazy about that movie, but the tribute was touching. Jay-Z is cute. Before going to bed, I cranked up my Sugarland album. When there was a knock at my door, I was sure it was a neighbour telling me to turn down my music, but it was my attendant.

There is a dusting of snow on the ground. Today I went to a boring meeting. Two sentences must have come from my mouth during the whole two-hour ordeal. I got paid, so it's OK. Sweating and disinterested, all I could think about was that I wanted a coffee. I got one from Tim Hortons with a shot of gingerbread syrup. It was yummy. I'm glad I went to the meeting just for the coffee. I saw lots of cute little people. A little boy had a temper tantrum. His caregiver had to call his mom on her cell phone before he would calm down. My taxi driver who picked me up from the meeting was super sweet. He came inside to hold the door open. Little things matter. My attendant this morning was amazing. She always is. I'm heavier to lift and I feel bad. Everyone has been so sweet - even a woman who drives me crazy told me my bus had arrived. I think they know that I've been struggling. I'm bracing myself for someone to say, "My gosh you've gotten fat". When it happens, I'll smile and say, "How are you?" Everyone knows how they're doing. I know I am finding my balance. There is a dusting of snow on the ground.

- OCG

1 comment: