Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Home and present....

There's nothing like my own space. On the flip side, there's nothing like seeing my family. I planned on staying with my parents for one night, but ended up staying for three. I took the bus home in my pajamas on Saturday night. Luckily, I didn't run into too many people. We watched Up In The Air. I loved it. George Clooney's character is a self-absorbed, travelling business-man who makes a living firing people across the country. He learns late in life that events are most meaningful when shared with those we care about. Up In The Air is not the most exciting, but it's meaningful. Late that evenig, my brother and his girlfriend asked my parents to Cora's for breakfast on Sunday. I thought they would announce their engagement but I guess they just wanted a yummy breakfast. Everyone was wishing they had ordered my blueberry pancakes. They looked better than they tasted. Going out was fun. I came home, read Women, Food And God by Geneen Roth. I ate about a dozen of Mom's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. I was exhausted and went to bed right after Amazing Race.



Monday morning was rainy and yucky. I woke up early and read and made phone calls while Mom worked out. We ate pasta for lunch. She gave me a top notch shower and we headed to Tera Nurseries. She bought a beautiful blue hydrangea and a pretty pink plant for me. A sweet nursery stuff wrapped up our purchases and brought them to us in the rain. We had tuna melts for supper and watched the premier of Dancing With The Stars.

Yesterday we had more rain. I called off my plans to attend a women's group orientation and visited my grandparents instead. Grandpa was in good spirits. His caregiver was there, which always seems to keep him stable. Grandma made my favourite almond cranberry cookies. I ate way too many. I was glad we visited grandma.

I came home and read. Oprah was a show on car accidents caused by texting while driving. I cried. Dad drove me home. I was happy to have my space. I did enjoy my family though. In Women Food and God, the quote, "Hell is wishing you were somewhere else," is used. When I'm home, I'm there in mind and body.

Today I saw my psysiotherapist for a quick visit. Telling him about my book, I mentioned how it talks about women serving men first.

"What's wrong with that?," he asked. Nothing - if you're a man and not that hungry.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

CORA'S AND UP IN THE AIR ROCK...