Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sister sweetness...


I had to have a bagel from the market yesterday. I had a craving right after breakfast. When a craving hits that early, it's best to honour it. Otherwise, whatever I am wanting with be in my dreams at night. Before the market, I stopped by Rabba and picked up some green grapes. I ate the whole bag right outside. I went to the market and still had my bagel. Not to feel to greedy, I picked up some bagel chips for my parents. I was very full. Last night I was exhausted and felt strange. You know when you just don't feel like yourself? I went to get a Timothys toasted coconut coffee and spilt it all over my pants. Since it was cold, my nose was also running. I must have been quite the pretty picture. At dinnertime, my attendant sweetly helped me get into my pajamas and get ready for bed. Once in bed, I rested for a bit, but still felt off. My legs felt shaky. Realizing that there would over twelve hours until morning, I got up and had some crackers. I think I was hungry.....

I got up and chatted on the phone to my friend. She invited me to the Pickle Barrel, but it was too late to book a ride. Mom called late....when the phone rings after 11, I can't help but worry. Again, I didn't sleep well. Sleep will come. I asked my night attendant to plunge my toilet using the super's plunger. She unclogged my toilet. The particular attendant is grumpy, but I did appreciate her help.

My attendant this morning was Betty. She's sweet, but loves to complain about little things. She complained about the smell of my hazelnut coffee. Oh well, I enjoyed it. Sorry Betty....I headed back to the market and bought shish kabobs for my parents and some blueberry strudel. I bought a flaxseed bagel. Halfway through eating it, I heard my name. My sister and her husband were shopping. I was happy to see them. My sister helped me get a ceramic bowl for Mom. I've been wanting to get it for weeks. My sister rocks.

I'm headed home shortly for my sister-in-law's 30th birthday brunch tomorrow. I'm glad I couldn't get a ride to the Pickle Barrel. I would have missed seeing my sister.

It's earth Hour at 830 tonight. Don't forget to turn off the lights!

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

I THOUGHT IT WAS THE NIGHT AFTER, EARTH HOUR I MET...