Thursday, April 01, 2010

A few reasons to laugh...


It's another beautiful, sunny Thursday. Last Thursday was just as beautiful. I saw my favourite attendant Cynthia today. She is the best. When she came into my apartment, she said, "I know you won't want to waste one minute of this gorgeous day," She was right. I wheeled to my appointment. I arrived much quicker than I thought. A car almost hit me, but I ended up dodging it. I guess I wouldn't be here if I didn't. I slept well again. I've been very lucky. I watched the show Addicted on TLC. It's really sad, but at the same time, I can't take my eyes off it. This week's episode was about an alcoholic named Kevin. He went through rehab, relapsed and went through rehab again. Poor dude. He trashed his apartment to bits.

Dad told me the following joke:

A bank robber walked into a crowded bank and ordered everyone to lie face-down on the floor. "I will shot anyone who dares to look up," he admitted. To show he wasn't kidding, the robber shot the first guy who looked up. Scanning the room, the robber asked if anyone else looked up. A man on the floor answered, "Well, I didn't, but I'm pretty sure I saw my mother-in-law look up."

I cracked right up at the ending. I tried to tell my night attendant, but I couldn't stop laughing long enough. I managed to tell Cynthia. She laughed.

In my appointment today, I was asked to switch my Weight Watchers bread to a grocery store brand high-fiber bread. This is big and scary. That bread is comforting.

I thought about it for a bit and said it would be tough, but I'd give it a try.

Before I could ask, my doctor said, "Weight Watchers bagels aren't an option."

I cracked up. Am I that easy to read?

Have a Good Friday tomorrow!

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

FUNNY SHIT....I SAW THAT EP.