Friday, April 09, 2010

Fresh hair....

Rain poured from the sky yesterday. Luckily, it stopped and started. I wheeled to my usual Thursday appointment. As luck would have it, I chose the time when the rain hit hardest. My trek took about twenty minutes - just long enough for my jeans to get soaked and my glasses to get fogged. Since I could have easily taken the bus, I really have no one to blame but myself. I made it to my appointment in impressive time. Being sopping wet was kind of embarrassing, but everyone who went out that day was wet to some degree. My doctor commented that she felt a "chill in her bones"...I know how she felt. The wind is chilly today. There is light snow. I didn't wear my jacket. Not smart...If it doesn't rain, it snows.


Later, I went to Timothys and had a noisette coffee with a Honey Crisp apple. The shop owner only took eighty cents from me. He was sweet. Beside me, there was the cutest little baby with dark, curly hair. He was smiling and laughing at me. He dropped his toy, which made him very sad. Babies make my day...

On the way home, I stopped at The Bagel House and bought a whole wheat bagel. The shop gave it to me for free. I've visited The Bagel House three times in the last week, so it must pay to be a regular customer.

Once home, I was content to get in my pajamas and drink Chai Chocolate tea. I watched the Golden Girls and listened to tunes. I couldn't really sleep. I'm going home for a hair appointment and coming back this afternoon. Tomorrow is my sister-in-law's baby shower. I am nervous about seeing family and friends after gaining so much wait. Someone is going to say something. I figure having good hair is a plus - even if I am fatter.

- OCG

1 comment: