Tuesday, April 20, 2010

An interview with a French Woman who doesn't get fat...


Yesterday I went to see Mireille Guiliano speak at Indigo Books. By the time I arrived the presentation area was packed. I wasn't late, but I wasn't early. Mireille Guiliano is the author of French Women Don't Get Fat. It's about how Mireille Guiliano enjoys love, eating, her surroundings, cooking and maintains a balanced lifestyle. I read French Women Don't Get Fat a number of years ago and really enjoyed it. French Women Don't Get Fat is an anti-diet book advocating pleasure and freshness. Mireille Guiliano was interviewed by Elle Magazine's Editor-In Chief Rita Silvan. She talked about Oprah since she was a guest on her show. Mireille Guiliano remembers Oprah confessing to her that, she "couldn't walk past a refrigerator without emptying its contents." Mireille Guiliano told Oprah that she needed to "live with her for a few weeks and learn a few French tricks." Oprah still hasn't taken Mireille Guiliano up on her offer.

Rita Silvan said, "A way to a man's heart is through his stomach. What's the way to a woman's heart?"

Mireille Guiliano answered, "When a man cooks for her."


What's the worst North American food trend right now? "Magnolia cupcakes" says Mireille Guiliano. "They send women into a sugar binge."

I'm glad I went. I came home and paid special attention to the crunch of my apple.

On my way home from buying cream cheese at No Frills today, I read the quote, "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

Food is a must, so we might as well enjoy it, right?"

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

sounds like a smart cppkie