Friday, April 16, 2010

Not a TOTAL waste.....


Don't you hate the feeling that you wasted your own time? I drank Earl Grey tea before going to sleep last night. It kept me awake. I watched MuchMoreMusic Videoflow. I'm a big fan of the tune Bedrock by Lil' Wayne. The lyrics are very dirty, so I'm not posting them. The tune does make me laugh, which is a score in my songbook. Fun songs are the best, especially when I'm grumpy.
Speaking of grumpiness and wasting time, I woke up early this morning to attend an orientation for a women's group. Just about to set off on my journey, I felt a raindrop, so I turned around. Soon I realized that it was only spitting. Not wanting to miss an adventure, I headed back towards my appointment. I was an hour late. Oops. Stopping to buy a bagel from The Bagel House probably held me up a little. My whole wheat bagel was yummy though. It turns out that I attended the same workshop two Tuesdays ago...argh. Why didn't the leader clue in that there was no reason for me to be there???????? In all fairness, she must have lots of people to keep straight, but still. I tried to be polite, but all I could hear was the clocking ticking away and "Blah, Blah, Blah." This lady kept trying to give me papers I already have. I wanted to scream, "Your wasting YOUR time AND mine, because I've heard all this junk already!"
Not to waste the trek, I visited my friend who lives nearby. We had a VERY short chat, but at least I got to see her. She had been sick, so she said the company was appreciated. I got to see a former attendant who was helping my friend. To me, the best use of time is seeing a friend - and I did - if only for a few minutes. The morning wasn't ENTIRELY a waste.


- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

ADVENTURES ARE THE BEST...