Saturday, June 12, 2010

Crime, cake, and cuteness....


On Thursday I had a boring meeting. Exhausted from lack of sleep the night before, I was not in good spirits. Even my attendant could tell. Before the meeting, a co-worker was teased for eating a cupcake for breakfast. When the secretary came in take minitues, no one except me said hi to her. Rude, huh? I went to my appointment and ate a Timothy's Smarties cookie and a frappicuno for dinner. In the evening, I saw author Scott Turrrow speak. He's an American lawyer and criminal writer whose latest book is called Innocent. I've never read any of his books, but I enjoyed listening to him. He said, "The commission of a crime is the ultimate form of imagination." Most of the people at the interview had grey hair....I was glad I went. My attendant said my "Cheeks are looking plumper." Of course her comment bothers me, but I'm not going to go a crazy crash diet.

Yesterday I met my friend Des at the market. We had lunch and went to Starbucks. We both tried iced green tea. Mine tasted like perfume. I don't think I would get it again. Coming home, my tire went flat just as I entered the lobby. That's ideal timing. A friendly techinician was able to fix it without taking me out my wheelchair. Tired and needing a treat, I went to Timothys for vanilla tea and poppyseed cake. I love my closest Timothys. It's full of cute men, which is almost as sweet as poppyseed cake.

- OCG

No comments: