Thursday, June 03, 2010

Life on the brighter side...


All winter we got carried


Away over on the rooftop


let's get married


All summer we just hurried


so come over, just be patient, and don't worry


So come over, just be patient, and don't worry


So come over, just be patient, and don't worry


And don't worry.




(Death And All His Friends by Coldplay)




It has been a grey, rainy day. The rain started yesterday afternoon. After dinner, I craved coffee, so I got one from my closest Timothys. I left and got back during the heaviest downpour. When the need for coffee strikes, I will go for it, even if I get soaked.


Today I drove to my weekly appointment. Initially, I didn't feel like going, but once I got there, I was alright. I was late. My doctor didn't mind. Sometimes I get the feeling she knows I would rather not see her. She's glad to see me period. I stopped at Lowblaws and bought a big golden delicious apple. It was yummy, but I was still craving something sweet. I went to Timothy's and bought a Smarties cookie. I've been eying it for weeks. My friend told me that Timothys and the nearby LCBO used to be a train station. I love that area.




Parts of life are sweet. I feel more like myself than I have in a long time. My rules, routines and plans and are more relaxed. I cut myself slack and let go of yesterday's mistakes. I crave chocolate and closeness. I laugh. I am daydreaming of long, intimate talks and lingiering kisses. Full moons are enticing.


I notice my surroundings. There is a guy wearing a brown wig not far away. He makes me laugh. Good things have always been around me, but now I pay closer attention.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.