Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Dear Ian,

You're 28 years old today! How's life up in the clouds? I think of you frequently. Maybe you can see us down here. Can you tell when you're missed? I hope so.

Well, life is shaping up well. I haven't heard from your family, but I know your hockey league had a fundraiser in the spring. Your Dad was there.

I can't think of much that happened globally this year. The Toronto Maple Leafs are still horrible. There's been lots in my life. After choosing to be healthier, I am getting my feet back on the ground. I thought of you a lot while coming out of the fog. I used to be hurt that you couldn't talk to me about being sad. Now I get it. Sometimes it's hard to be some one else's other half when half of yourself feels lost.

Remember my boyfriend Luigi? (the guy you met at the Bloorview drop-in?) After five years together, we broke up. I remembered the distance your sadness created for us and didn't want that to happen for Lou and I. After eight months, we reunited. He's the love of my life....

I am so lucky to be healthy. Sometimes life sucks, but I am know it will pass. I'm sorry life shortchanged you, but I'm glad I knew you.

Miss you Leaf freak. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- OCG

No comments: