Thursday, May 19, 2011

Coffee late night...

I had a good day. Well, it started off with a fainting spell. It's been YEARS since I've had one of those. It was freaky and odd. My attendant was helpful and patient. Thank goodness. My Thursday appointment was positive. I am so thankful to be past the down-and -out rough-stuff. I'm proud of myself.

I went to a lecture honouring June Callwood called The Kitchen Is The Heart Of The Home. The topic was homelessness in Toronto. They talked about a man who lived in a bedroom that doubled as bathroom and he lived off of canned salmon and strawberries. Isn't that sad? My bus driver yesterday "accidentally" dropped $40 dollars in front of an elderly lady. We should all be so generous.

Tonight I had to buy a Timothy's coffee at 10 p.m. I know it's nuts, but my body needed caffeine. I sat beside a man dressed as woman. He was friendly. I am going to bed soon. I am fortune for my pillow and the roof under my head. After days of rain, we've had beautiful sunshine. I'm grateful for many things today, but mostly the weather and my health. Drink up sunshine. It's good for us! Since I probably won't be able to sleep, I'll have lots of time to refect on other things to be grateful for.

- OCG

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like your blog. Its cool

Anonymous said...

what an awsom blog it is.