Friday, July 01, 2011

Happy Canada Day!

Happy Canada Day! It's pride week in my area. There is sunshine, and lots of hustle and bustle. People seem happy and relaxed. Since I live in a very gay friendly neighbourhood, pride week doesn't feel all that different from a usual week. The streets are just busier. I like it but just for one week.

Last night I couldn't sleep. Too much Timothy's Coffee late at night. After breakfast I went to Starbucks. Isn't it funny how coffee keeps me awake at night and the next day I need MORE to stay energized. A sweet strangers who was also disable help me pick up my purse that fell on the road. In the drugstore, a helpful employee helped me get what I needed. People are good...

I'm headed home shortly. The Observer's family friend Mary is getting married. The reception is tonight. I'm excited. My dad is driving me to the Oakville convention center. My Dad is awesome.  

I've had more troubles with my wheelchair. The new one had all its parts replaced, but is still in the shop. While waiting for it to come back, I got a flat tire on my old chair. They fixed it. What a headache, but I'm moving now!

I'm reading Unbearable Lightness by Potia Di Rossi. It's heartbreaking but kind of inspiring. I can relate, especially to how much better life is when we're healthy enough to enjoy it.

- OCG

1 comment:

Lurker said...

I definitely wanna read "Unbearable Lightness" myself. Portia has been my fave actress since her "Ally McBeal" days. I could always tell she wasn't healthy even then. But I'm glad she's happy and healthy now.