Saturday, March 10, 2012

Silkwood, weight, chicken and love....

I hope you're having a great weekend! On my end, it's been a good one. I saw a movie called Silkwood last night from 1983. I was one year-old then. It starred Meryl Streep, Cher and some others. Meryl worked for a nuclear plant and was protesting radiation exposure among employers. It was sad. I was not uplifted. I got weighed and it's been messing with my head. There was a big drop. I'm not surprised because I was so bothered by gaining last month. I tried to forget about the number, but it's always in the back of my mind.


Today I'm visiting the Observer at his apartment. We just went to Swiss Chalet. Outside was cold. I had sweet heat chicken salad, a roll dipped in sauce, and apple pie. When it came to dessert, I couldn't decide if I wanted it. I was going to share with the Observer, but then I was obsessing about pie. I had pecan before and it was amazing. This time I had apple. I should have stuck to pecan pie. Too late. I have such regret after dessert, even though I love it. 

My family is celebrating my Mom's 56th birthday tomorrow with a sushi dinner. I'm excited to see the babies. The Observer hates sushi, so I told him he could have my niece's oatmeal. I have a feeling he'll eat before he comes.  The Observer has a cough. He's been sick for a week. Poor guy. Before today, I hadn't seen him for six days. I've missed him. He just had a shower and always smells great. I can hear the Observer laughing and it makes me want to go straight to him and hug him. I'm full, but not too full to be hugged and squeezed. 

- OCG

No comments: