Monday, June 04, 2012

Teacups and other stuff....

Tonight I watched New York, I Love You. Well, I watched all one hour and forty forty minutes of it, which means it wasn't that bad. It was similar to Love Actually, New Years Eve, and Valentine's Day. The plot was a bunch of mini stories somehow connected. Five star celebrities seem interested in the smaller roles right now....

My usual Sunday at home was sweet. I ate....and ate....and ate....and ate more. This is what I do when I visit my parents. They have food I don't and I lose control. I wish things were different, but I cannot seem to want to change. It's madness but it's MY madness. I'm not ready to give it up.

On Saturday there was a gang related shooting at the Eaton's Center. Seven people were victims and the target of the attack was killed. We go to the Eaton's Center often so it really hit home. The gunman is only twenty-three-years old. He turned himself into police the next day. I feel for everyone involved. The poor victims who were just going about their night, the other shoppers who were traumatized by the violence and the gunman who decided his fate forever with one pull of the trigger. We never know what can happen in a day.....

Mom gave me a china teacup to celebrate my (our) engagement. It's her traditional "engagement gift" for female family and friends. Mine has purple and blue flowers. It looks beautiful sitting on my bookshelf. It's sitting beside a teacup with pink flowers that belonged to my late maternal grandmother. She died at thirty years old, so I never met her. I like that our engagement teacups are sitting beside each other. Maybe she is looking down on her youngest grand-daughter smiling that she is getting married to an amazing man.       

- OCG

No comments: