Monday, July 02, 2012

Rewind...

I'm going to back-track a bit from last week. We saw The Vow. I loved that movie! I went to the doctor for a requisition for blood work. I was nervous to discuss weight, but he was very chill. I am getting blood work done soon. Ironically, I got my period the day after seeing my doctor. It wasn't normal, but at least it came. On Tuesday I saw Conrad Black speak at the library. He walked right next to me into the library. He's arrogant and guilty of everything he was charged with. Wednesday was relaxed. Thursday was my usual appointment. My doctor was pleased with my progress. Weight gain messes with my head. Actually any weight change does. After our session, I met the Observer at the mall. I drank coffee before leaving my appointment and ended up in a big mess. Thankfully I got kind help. 

We visited with my friend Christina at the mall on Friday. It was short and sweet. She liked her long overdue birthday gift. I'm glad. I gave her a HUGE mug, toasted coconut, fudge brownie coffee and a coffee card. The woman loves coffee as much as I do. It's our shared bond.

On Saturday, my brother and his wife hosted a BBQ for her family and ours. Though it was hot, I enjoyed it. We had sparklers and fireworks. Skylar sat on my lap and watched some. I was sad the Observer missed the fireworks, but at least he was there for the afternoon. I was hoping my sister-in-law would announce she is is expecting, but no such luck. Hopefully soon. My sister looks uncomfortable. She has about five weeks to go. I'm guessing my sister is having a boy. I'll be thrilled no matter what.

Yesterday I slept in, read People and ate too much. I visited my grandparents with Mom and Dad. Grandma put out cherries and pineapple which made the perfect snack. I LOVE cherries! Grandpa smiled at me, so made my day. I was having a "good hair day" if I do say so. For dinner Mom made pasta with shrimp. It was okay, but the blueberry pie for dessert was better. Being home was relaxing. After leaving I met the Observer at Tim Hortons. It was short but a kiss made it worth it.

We saw the new movie Ted today. It was funny and silly. It's about a talking teddy bear, so silliness is expected. We went with our friends John And Danielle. It's a holiday Monday. Canada Day was officially yesterday, but celebrations have been ongoing since Friday. Good Times....

Well, tomorrow I am getting weighed. The number is up. I am going to be fine....Life happens no matter what size I might be tomorrow or the next day.

I'm late, but Happy Canada Day!!!!!!!

- OCG

No comments: